|The Center for Outpatient Medicine||2502 East Empire Street Suite B||Bloomington, IL 61704|
|Phone: 309.662.6120||Toll Free: 800.466.8275||Fax: 309.663.8972|
Each patient of TCOM will receive a patient information packet. This packet will be given to you by your doctor’s office or from TCOM directly. Each patient is responsible for filling out all patient forms.
There is a business reply envelope included to mail back the information. Please return these forms as soon as possible. If convenient, you may fax the above forms to (309) 663-8972. Once TCOM receives your paperwork, we can register you and determine if you need pretesting (for example, blood work, EKG, and/or an appointment with an anesthesiologist) prior to your surgery date.
Call TCOM at (309) 662-6120, press option 7 or (800) 466-8275, press option 7 between 2pm and 4pm the day before surgery. If surgery is on a Monday, call the Friday before. The SurgiCenter is closed on weekends and holidays.
When you call for your surgery time, we will review the following:
- Time of your surgery (The time of your surgery is an estimate of what time your surgeon will be ready to begin your surgery. Unfortunately, this is sometimes unpredictable, so TCOM will do it’s best to keep your surgery on schedule),
- Time you should arrive at TCOM (please be advised that the time you should arrive at TCOM is different than the time of your surgery. Each patient needs to be at TCOM at least one hour before the scheduled surgery. This allows the staff to prepare you for surgery),
- Which medications to take the morning of surgery with a sip of water
- Restrictions with eating and drinking
- Instructions on BroMenn Comfort and Care Suites, if applicable.
- Further instructions, if applicable.
If you are receiving sedation, you will need a responsible adult (age 18 or older) to drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after surgery. We highly recommend that your responsible adult remain at TCOM during your procedure.
- At The Center for Outpatient Medicine we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care. Your comfort, well-being and return to normal activity are our primary concerns
- All patients having surgery at The Center for Outpatient Medicine will receive a post-operative follow-up call from a nurse and a patient satisfaction survey several days after their surgery.
- We welcome your comments. These comments assist us in providing you the highest quality surgical care available at the lowest possible cost.