On the day of surgery, TCOM will need to take a copy of your insurance card if we have not already done so.
The financial policy is:
- The full balance is due within ninety days from the date of surgery.
- You will receive several different bills for your surgery/procedure. You may receive bills from the following places:
- Physician office (from your surgeon)
- Facility -The Center for Outpatient Medicine (outpatient procedure) or BroMenn Healthcare. For overnight stay at BroMenn Comfort and Care Suites, a recovery care center within The Center for Outpatient Medicine
- Anesthesia (Empire Anesthesia)
- Surgical Assistant (Surgeon’s office or YEHSS, LLC)
- Pathology (if your surgery requires pathology, depending on where your surgeon prefers your specimen to go, you will receive the following:
- If sent to LabCorp – one bill from LabCorp
- If sent to Advocate BroMenn – one bill from Advocate BroMenn (technical fee) and another from Prairie Pathology (reading)
- If sent to OSF – one bill from OSF (technical fee) and another from pathologist (reading)
- Outpatient procedures will be billed by The Center for Orthopedic Medicine, LLC. TCOM’s Tax ID Number: 37-1356453
- For an estimate of your surgical charges please call the TCOM business office.
- TCOM charges full price for each procedure done during your surgery. The insurance industry realizes that each procedure is billed in full and will take the appropriate discount on the second, third, etc. procedures. If you have any questions on multiple procedures please call TCOM with questions.Elective procedures covered by workmen’s compensation must be approved by the payor before surgery can be scheduled. This approval is the patient’s responsibility. TCOM requires a copy of your group medical insurance even if we are billing your “worker’s comp” carrier.
- Elective procedures, which are “self –pay,” must be paid in full by certified check, money order, credit card or cash at least two days before surgery.
- Elective procedures involving a liability claim will be expected to be paid within 90 days from the date of service.