POST – OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAME DAY PROCEDURES
- Upon discharge specific discharge instructions will be given to you. Please follow or call with questions.
Following anesthesia, you are considered under the influence of drugs for 24 hours.
- DO NOT drive, operate machinery, drink alcohol or make any important decisions during this time.
- If you have a regional block, it will take several hours for your limb to feel normal sensations. Protect your extremity during that time and use safety measures when at home.
- Drink plenty of fluids and progress slowly to your regular diet.
- Take all pain medication with some food to prevent upset stomach.
- Rest at home under supervision of an adult, limiting your activity to what is comfortable for 24 hours.
POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR POST SURGICAL RECOVERY CARE PATIENTS (PATIENTS WHO SPENT THE NIGHT AT BROMENN COMFORT AND CARE SUITES):
- Upon discharge, specific discharge instructions will be given to you. Please follow or call with questions.